Tuesday 14 May 2019

Getting back into the swing of things!

Although I woke up during the night and went downstairs for an hour, I feel I slept well. Sophie woke me up at about 9am as she was off to the gym and I went downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee. I felt a bit dehydrated to be honest and downed two mugs of coffee in quick succession!

Sophie returned from the gym and said she'd found it hard after not going for almost two weeks. This, despite all the walking we did! Keith wanted to go to Market Harborough to look at a bathroom showroom as while we'd been away he'd had a plumber over to give us a quote.

We drove over to the town and found the showroom after having to Google it! It was called Pochin and we chatted to a helpful member of staff who has agreed to come out to our house in a couple of weeks to measure up. We have a slight problem in that there's a shelf running behind the loo and the sink to house the pipes so we feel it's better to have some expert knowledge!

After visiting the showroom we parked the car and went to the post office as Sophie and I had some dollars left over! We paid the money into my bank account which went towards settling the bill for the two hotels in Napa and Monterey. We didn't pay for these until we arrived so I was glad we still had some money left over to pay for them!

After a quick trip to Starbucks for a coffee and a pastry and a trip to Tesco, we returned home. Again, the weather has been beautiful today which is always a relief. I hate coming home from a holiday to cloudy skies and rain!

I suggested going to the pub in the evening and it was bliss to sit in the garden and enjoy a drink. Afterwards we went and bought fish and chips for dinner as none of us could be bothered to cook!

No comments: