Tuesday 15 October 2013

Wine and gossip!

I wasn't looking forward to today but it has gone over very well, culminating in a relaxing glass of Rioja in the evening with my friend Sue from over the road! It started off badly when we all slept in this morning, waking an hour later than normal at 7.40am...Ooops!

Work was pretty good and I managed to get a lot of paperwork done which was a relief. At one point my desk looked like a tornado had hit it, but by the time I went home it was all tidy and I felt a sense of achievement that some jobs had been done that I'd kept putting off!

Sue came around at 6pm and we had a good chat. We speculated about what our new neighbours will be like (next door's house sold, then went back on sale again and has now sold for the second time). We ate some lovely olives and stuffed peppers and drank a very good Rioja which Sue surprised me with as she's normally a white wine drinker. She said that as Autumn is upon us she decided to go for the red and I have to agree as I tend to drink heavier reds in the colder months. My vodka and tonic days are well and truly over!


No comments: