Monday 28 October 2013

A dark and stormy night!

I was awake at 5.30am this morning and went downstairs to make a cup of coffee and could hardly believe what I saw when I looked out of the living room window! Sheets of rain blew across the front garden and the road and I could already see deep puddles forming as the drains struggled to cope with the onslaught of water. As the rain was torrential, it almost gave the wind a body as it fell from the sky and I did wonder whether some of the nearby trees would fall, especially as the fields are waterlogged.

Within ten to fifteen minutes, though, it had all quietened down and this appears to have been our share of the "storm"! Not that I'm complaining as in the news we learnt that several people have been killed by the violent weather, including a young boy who was swept out to sea.

As the day wore on the weather turned dry and sunny, but we had one last surge when it was time for Sophie and I to go to the gym. We had to wait inside for five minutes as the rain lashed down again! But we were rewarded with a double rainbow!

We had a good workout at the gym followed by a short swim and then a soak in the jacuzzi. There was a strange atmosphere in there tonight, though - it was a bit leery - so we left earlier than normal and went and had a hot shower!

No comments: