Friday 25 October 2013

Turning back the clock to the 70s!

Tonight it was my friend Fiona's turn to host our monthly Come Dine With Me at her house in Northampton. I had planned on going to the gym after work but I realised that I just wouldn't have time to get ready if I didn't get home until 6.30pm!

Sophie helped me to transform myself into a 70s hippie and I was really pleased with the result! I wore my long blue dress that I bought in the summer (never imagined I'd be wearing it in October!) and Sophie did my make-up for me and tied a long scarf around my head. She then drew on a little CND tattoo on my face and with some jewellery I was ready to go!

We picked up Lynda on the way and she looked great as a hippie, too! When we got to Fiona's house she answered the door with an authentic 70s dress on in muted shades of browns and beiges! She looked brilliant!

Andrea was already downstairs in the converted cellar wearing a blue psychedelic top, leggings and knee high boots. She said she wasn't brave enough to wear the top without anything else! We nibbled on vol-au-vents and cheese and pineapple on sticks and drank martini and lemonade! Delicious!

For dinner Fiona served prawn cocktail, followed by Chicken Kiev with lyonnaise potatoes, carrots and peas. All the homecooked food was delicious!

Lynda, Andrea, me and Fiona

Lynda eyeing up the Black Forest gateau


Fiona had made a Black Forest Gateau for dessert, entirely from scratch and it was beautiful! She served a lovely Chablis with the starter along with Prosecco and Lynda's cherry vodka so it was a great and boozy night! Fiona's various offspring and dog wandered in throughout the evening and we all had a great time. Andrea will be hosting next with the theme as "Nautical" so that should be interesting!

No comments: