Sunday 20 October 2013

Shattered on Sunday!

This afternoon Mum and I went to Beckworth Emporium for a cup of tea and a cake. Going out into the garden area was impossible because of the rain (bad weather again!) so we contented ourselves with looking at the delicious foods on display and avoiding the marquee housing all the Christmas decorations (it's really in your face now!).

I bought some bread flour and yeast as I want to make my own bread at some stage over the next couple of weeks. The Hairy Bikers make look so easy!

Mikey was picked up by Keith so after buying all our bits, I took Mum home and sped back to see my son. He still had camouflage on his face and was absolutely shattered! We helped him unpack his Bergen and then encouraged him to have a hot bath! When I got back from picking Sophie up from work at 6.30pm he was dead on his feet so he had a lie down (on his new quilt cover we bought for him yesterday) and promptly fell fast asleep!

Rather than wake him (he'd eaten the remainder of the chicken pie Keith had made yesterday) we went ahead with our roast beed dinner only to see him appear half way through the meal. He sat down and ate a bit of meat, Yorkshire pudding and roast potato but went back to bed before he could be roped in to help clear up...as if we would make him do that!

No comments: