Thursday 3 October 2013

Tears before bedtime...

After work today Sophie had an appointment at the Orthodontist and she was really hoping that her braces would be removed. However, when she was prone in the chair, the Orthodontist proceeded to tighten them up rather than remove them. He then told us to make another appointment for 7-8 weeks, which as you can imagine, did not go down well with my daughter.

On the way back to the car she was so frustrated and upset that she resorted to a few tears and I said that she should have asked him to remove them. I did say that he was just doing his job and that he must have thought she needed them otherwise he wouldn't have tightened them even further.

I did think she would use this an excuse to wimp out of the gym, but no, she didn't say a thing until we got up to the changing rooms and she realised she'd forgotten her trainers...

I was undeterred, though, and spent a good hour doing all my weights and exercises and I felt great afterwards. I found out from Sophie that she'd fallen asleep on one of the loungers in the spa so her teeth can't have hurt that much!


No comments: