Wednesday 23 October 2013

Rushing about!

My mornings lately have been very hectic and today was no exception! I tried a different route into work today and wished I hadn't when I became embroiled in two traffic jams! It's at times like this I wish I had a helicopter!

Keith arrived mere minutes after me even though he'd left later than me and had taken Sophie to school. While he went and did some jobs with Ian I sorted out the tills and unlocked. I had a large cup of coffee which was badly needed after my journey into work!

Today we had our first Booker delivery. It's taken ages to set up and the first hitch was when the driver couldn't get through our entrance gates! Polly went to sort him out and then he brought our order in on two big cages so we had to offload them and put them on our own trolleys! It was somewhat easier than going and doing the shopping ourselves, though, but I did get a few things wrong...six HUGE tins of baked beans arrived which was a surprise as I thought I'd ordered much smaller tins! Oh well...they'll come in useful next week when it's half-term!

We also received 10 boxes of disposable blue gloves which would have lasted us about six months so I sent them back! It's certainly been a learning exercise!

Things quietened down a bit after that, thank goodness and Keith and I went to the bank and then went and bought a load of Halloween decorations. I also bought a second lot of ingredients for the Christmas cake I'm going to bake (again) this weekend, including a bottle of brandy to soak the fruit in. This baking lark ain't cheap! The ingredients cost me almost £20...wouldn't it have been far cheaper to have bought a cake! However, Keith was very impressed with my first attempt and I'm looking forward to baking one again and icing it for Christmas.

After work Sophie and I went off for our usual stint at the gym and my daughter forgot her trainers again! I was not tempted to go down to the spa so I did a very good workout and had a lovely chat with Liam who came over to see me while I was pounding away on the treadmill. We chatted about our respective children and how time has flown. I remember baby-sitting his children when they were much younger but they're both all grown up now and set to fly the nest soon. Frightening!

No comments: