Saturday 5 October 2013

New bed!

With Mikey's bed due to arrive at any minute Keith and I wasted no time in clearing out his bedroom to make space. I hoovered the floor and gradually we made order out of chaos! At around 10am I received a call to say that the delivery would be with us in an hour so we were wise to have started so early! I didn't just clean Mikey's room, though, as I had our bed to change and the rest of the house to hoover and clean!

Of course, the bed wasn't delivered until 12.30pm, just as I was about to take Sophie into town to have her nails done! I told Keith to leave making it until I got home and we left five minutes after the delivery men left which was a good thing as their van was blocking the driveway!

Sophie's nails took an hour so I left her in the salon, went and filled the car up with diesel and then took it to Westbridge where a team of very helpful men gave it a complete valet. At the end my car looked fabulous! And all for just £10 which I thought was a bargain!

I arrived back at the salon just as Sophie came out and we headed for home where I made up Mikey's bed and grabbed a quick bite for a late lunch. Sophie tried to persuade me to take her down to Riverside to go to the Costa Coffee but I resisted and spent the rest of the late afternoon planning my route in Kent tomorrow. Mum and I are off for the day to look at some of the villages where my ancestors were born and brought up so I needed to sort out where we were going otherwise it would be an aimless wander!

After a naughty Chinese takeaway, we watched the film "Argo" which I thought was very good indeed. No wonder it won so many Oscars!

No comments: