Saturday 23 February 2013

Not so relaxing Saturday

As Keith hadn't been able to get to Tesco's yesterday both of us went early this morning and I quite enjoyed wandering around looking at things while Keith did the hard work of the actual shopping! Luckily we'd found ten minutes to sit down and plan out the meals for the week so we knew what we had to buy!

After getting back I had a call from Dad who said that work had called him as Maureen had phoned in sick...drat! Luckily Martha came in to save the day but Laura also told me we had run out of change already! Keith and I sped into work to get the money and then went to the bank before heading home to get Sophie. As we drove back to work we had a frantic call from Mikey to say that he was supposed to be meeting his friends in town and could I take him?

Muttering a few swear words under my breath I turned the car around and went back to get him. It was a good thing I filled my car with diesel this morning!

In town Mikey couldn't find his mates (no wonder, as he was almost an hour late) so we decided to go back home, calling into Booker on the way as Sophie had called me to tell me that one of the fryers in the kitchen had stopped working!

Back at home I finally managed to have a bit of a relax with a long bath and a pampering session which included a face pack. I really have neglected myself lately and my skin looked tired and blotchy.

I picked Soph up at 6pm so a visit to the gym was out of the question and on the way home we popped into a local shop to get a DVD and a tipple for the evening. I was battling with myself as I really fancied a glass of red wine to go with the delicious casserole that Keith had prepared so I bought a bottle of Lambrini...yuk!

Sophie drank the Italian fizz and I opened my last bottle of Redwood Creek Merlot. If I was going to have a drink, it had to be a good one...and it was!

No comments: