Thursday 21 February 2013

Return of winter?

Today has been freezing here and we have more snow forecast for Friday and the weekend. It's hard to believe that last Sunday Sophie and I sat outside in the sun and didn't feel cold at all!

It's been another busy day but we did have an extra member of staff in during the afternoon to ease the load! Both Maureen and Martha have been absolutely brilliant and there's been a great atmosphere at work. Keith said today how much he's enjoyed being in at work with me and I've loved having him there to help.

This evening he brought Mikey back to work so it was a real family affair. We locked up and then Mikey and I headed to school as there was an information evening taking place for children going into Year 9 in September. The children have to decide what subjects they want to take next year in addition to the compulsory lessons such as English and Maths. Mikey is keen to take Design, Art and Drama for another year and then he will have to make more choices about what subjects to take at GCSE. I thought it was a bit confusing, but that's our system these days! Our politicians seem to keep changing their minds!

It was sheer heaven to get home (eventually) and enjoy dinner. I still have not had any alcohol although tonight I would have loved to have had a glass of wine (or two!).

No comments: