Wednesday 20 February 2013

A wee bit weary!

Today has been a bit of a long day! I was in at work at just after 8am and driving away at just before 7pm so I will be very glad when Polly returns on Friday!

Luckily, Keith is very supportive and is doing a lot at work for me, which is great. We went off to the bank this morning and then we popped into Tesco to get some bits for work and just as we were about to go through the checkouts, the Fire Alarms started ringing. At first, nobody moved so we carried on towards the tills, but then we saw people walking towards the exits and before long the whole shopping centre was evacuated.

We had no idea what the problem was but there was no panic so we calmly walked back to the car (we'd abandoned the trolley) and drove to Lidl next door where we started all over again! I have to say we were impressed with the prices in there, though, and Keith said that the stuff we bought was a lot cheaper than Tesco...maybe we'll be in again, especially as the curry sauce we bought for our dinner was exactly the same brand as we buy in Tesco!

Sophie and I had planned to go to the gym straight after work for a swim, but I was shattered so we just went home and I had a soak in the bath. Roll on Friday!

No comments: