Sunday 21 October 2012

Wrong timing!

This weekend has been a mite frustrating, I have to say! Yesterday I dropped Sophie off at work and then rather than go to one of the local Wholesaler's we use to buy some stuff we needed straight away, I went home to have  a shower and decided to pop in on my way to pick her up at 4pm.

When I got to the wholesaler's at just after 3pm I noticed that their opening hours were 9am until 3pm. Drat! I now had an hour to fill before I could go and pick Sophie up so I decided to drive down to Homesense on the other side of Northampton and buy some candles there. However, the traffic was an absolute nightmare and when I eventually got to the retail park, there was not a parking space to be had anywhere!

Gritting my teeth and trying not to swear I drove back across town to try and get my dirty little car washed before picking Sophie up, which is what I did, although I did resent the hour spent just driving around!

This morning we went to the gym again and decided just to go for a swim, but we were much earlier than usual and the pool was like a human soup as the swimming lessons were still going on...arrrggggh!! We sat in the jacuzzi for twenty minutes but realised that the pool wouldn't be completely free for another half hour at least, so deciding to give up on the swimming we went and changed and had a coffee in the restaurant. What a waste of time! We should have stuck to our normal routine and had a workout first!

We then went to the Wholesaler's and I noticed as we were paying that yesterday they were open until 4pm anyway!! Hmmm!! Maybe I should have just spent the weekend in bed!

No comments: