Friday 5 October 2012

Mrs Grumpy - par extraordinaire!

Really, at the moment, I should be in a padded, sound-proofed room away from other human beings...

I am so grumpy at the moment, it's unbelievable! I've been shouting at Sophie and Keith who I think are both fed up with me (Mikey tends to stay out of the way). Both Polly and Angie, our cook, were late into work this morning and it was manic, which is always to be guaranteed when we have no staff. A woman dropped a bottle full of water at our Reception desk which I tried to mop up in between customers and then the school phoned to say that Mikey felt sick. I dashed off to the school to get him and went straight home as I expected Keith to be there. Only he wasn't...and our back door was unlocked!

I tried his mobile and it went straight to voicemail so while I waited for him to return from wherever he was I did a multitude of household chores, fuming silently that he was uncontactable when he moans at me for never answering my mobile! Mikey was settled in the living room with a bowl of chicken soup and after half an hour I finally managed to track my husband down to find he'd gone out to change some money for our forthcoming trip to Berlin. He came home at once and we had a terse discussion about communication and security before I left to return to work.

Of course, the screaming babies were in at work today and so the dream of lying on a beach with just the lapping waves for company was even more attractive!

We had another missed Friday at the gym as Sophie went to see a friend and despite my good intentions of going out for a walk I ended up on the sofa with a glass of wine and James Bond. A good alternative in my opinion!

No comments: