Tuesday 30 October 2012

A moonlight walk

It's been another lovely day so I made sure I was home on time this evening to go for a walk with Keith before it got dark at around 5pm. Now the clocks have gone back we've lost about an hour of daylight in the evening so very soon our walks will have to stop.

We had a great walk and think we saw a little Muntjac deer on the path over the fields. It was a bit gloomy so it was difficult to make out what it was but it certainly looked like one! It took off before we were very close but we know that there are deer about as we've seen them before. We also saw lots of pheasants and rabbits so walking at dusk is obviously a good time to see wildlife. A huge moon hung in the sky, partly obscured by clouds and I just wished I was able to capture the colours of the sky on my camera.

By the time we arrived home at 5.30pm it was properly dark and it was great to jump in the bath and get warm!


No comments: