Saturday 6 October 2012

Creatures of habit

Today has followed almost exactly the same pattern of last Saturday, although instead of doing outside chores - despite the glorious weather - I concentrated on cleaning the downstairs rooms of the house as Mum and Dad are staying here next week while we're in Berlin...

After finishing the housework I had a lovely long bath and then picked up Mum as she was coming to the gym with us. I showed her the car park at work which had been repaired by a local tarmac company this morning. When I'd left Sophie they had been just about to dump a load of hot tar on the surface of the car park and I wondered what on earth they were doing! Luckily it was a company who we'd asked to quote for the repair of the potholes and as they were doing some work at Baca next door to us, they'd decided, off their own back, to do some work for us! The only payment they wanted was some free tickets which I was happy to give!

We had a great session at the gym and I was full of energy which was brilliant, especially as I really haven't done anything since Wednesday. I did twenty minutes on the crosstrainer but felt as if I could have done another ten! We finished our workout with a swim in the pool and then a lazy dip in the spa and Sophie chatted non-stop to Mum who had really enjoyed herself as well.

We drove home admiring the gorgeous sky, which would have been perfect for taking photos, but dinner was calling and a well-earned (tonight anyway!) glass of wine!

No comments: