Monday 22 October 2012

A very disturbed night!

We had a lovely Sunday evening, inviting my parents around for a meal to thank them for looking after the children while we were away and drinking some very delicious red wines - a gorgeous Rioja and a South African Merlot called Thelema from Majestic Wines. The Thelema was 15% alcohol!

I was a bit weary when Keith and I went to bed at around 11pm and was in a lovely sleep when Sophie came into our room to say she'd been sick. I went into her bed with her which was the right decision as she was sick on the hour, every hour until 5.30am. When Keith woke me up at 6.30am I felt like I'd been hit over the head with a hard object!

The plan was for me to go into work at 7.30am as we had a team of men coming to repair one section of our car park that was full of potholes. However, as I fell asleep on the sofa again, Keith very kindly offered to go in for me so I could get ready more slowly!

I went in at around 10am and took Sophie's borrowed camera back to her school. At work I was completely alone which was a novel experience but it was great as I was able to get on with things and by 3pm I was back home with the invalid who, although she hadn't been sick, wasn't feeling brilliant. No school for her again tomorrow, then!

Keith and I went back into work at 4pm and admired the new car park which is lovely and smooth. I just hope that it stays that way over the winter!

No comments: