Wednesday 24 October 2012

Girls' Night out v Boys' Night in!

After work Sophie and I went off to the gym and had a really good workout, followed by a swim and a spell in the jacuzzi and sauna. It was liquid bliss! We'd booked to go to the cinema to see Taken 2 so before we went I treated Sophie to a meal at Pizza Hut as she was so good for Mum and Dad while we were away in Berlin.

We had a good, if somewhat rushed, meal and then set off in the misty gloom for Sixfields to see the film. I was a bit surprised to see so many seats taken but luckily I had no-one next to me! I always joke that nobody ever sits next to me so I was pretty pleased! It happens in the pool now as well - I can empty a lane within minutes of getting into the water!

The film was enjoyable, but definitely not as good as the first Taken and was a bit far-fetched in places. However, Liam Neeson more than made up for the slight disappointment so I wasn't worried. We arrived home late to find Keith and Mikey satisfied with their evening as well - curry and football...what more could you want?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janie,

I so love Taken and only watched it the other weekend on the telly for about the fifth time and always spot bits i missed the first time round lol.Saw that Taken2 was about so looking forward to seeing it,although as you say it probably won't be as gripping even for me as the first one...

Wendyx

Janie said...

It is good, Wendy, and if, like me, you're a fan of Liam Neeson, then you'll enjoy it!