Sunday 7 October 2012

Keeping busy!

Normally I love lazy Sundays but just lately both days at the weekends have been very busy indeed! Sophie and I did our normal stint at the gym in the morning, followed by lunch there and then after dropping Sophie off at home as she had mounds of homework, I picked up Mum and we went off to the garden centre as Keith had read about "grease-bands" which stop fruit trees from being attacked by pests over the winter.

I haven't really got into the garden over the summer- everything felt so damp out there except for that one memorable week right at the start of the summer holidays when we had a spell of glorious weather!

We went to the cafe for a cup of tea first and it looked like the restaurant staff had lost it. There were no trays or cutlery and the young lads behind the counter had a look of panic despite the fact that there weren't that many customers. However, I know that feeling well, I'm afraid, on the (thankfully) few times we've been extremely busy at work and it just all goes to pot! We had a moany woman behind us in the queue and I made the mistake of making eye contact and that was it, she was off, complaining about everything in a loud voice which sort of dragged me into her argument as well! I honestly do believe that I have some sort of sign on my forehead inviting complete strangers to talk to me and tell me their life stories!

We pottered about looking at the plants but I wasn't tempted by anything except the grease bands which we found after a bit of searching, not ever having looked for them before! I just hope they work!

I dropped mum off at home and went home to persuade Sophie to go for a walk with me. Instead of the forecast rain today we've had a beautiful Autumnal day and I really wanted to try and make the most of it before it got dark. Luckily she was agreeable so we went off and took some photos of the fields and the waning sun.








Mum came around for dinner in the evening as Dad is in Eastbourne for the weekend, flying his model aeroplanes. We had a very delicious dinner but I overdid the wine as I opened a bottle of Vouvray first which was gorgeous, then couldn't resist trying the Italian Merlot that Mum had brought with her. Hmmm!

No comments: