Thursday 27 September 2012

The smells of Autumn

Thankfully, today has been a bit quieter and more enjoyable than yesterday and the weather (up until 3pm at least) has been glorious.

After work Keith, Sophie and I went off for a walk, despite the rain that fell as I drove home and which threatened to put us off. The fields and hedgerows smelled wonderful - damp, leafy and Autumnal - and made me realise how much I love this time of year. Sophie had borrowed one of the school cameras and took lots of photos of the ploughed fields, the trees and the changing colours of the landscape. The walk took longer than usual and as we neared home we waved to Mum and Dad who'd arranged to come around for a drink at 6pm to give Mikey a book on weight-lifting as a small pressie.

We shared a bottle of wine and had a good chat as the weather outside turned again, the sky morphing into a shade of orangey-grey while the rain drummed on the roof of the conservatory. We made it home just in time!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its my fav time of year, Autumn. With the fresh breeze, the unpredictable weather and the ever changing colours its brill. Now, wheres my camera?!
Jiggy

Janie said...

That reminds me, I have a couple to put on here! xxx