Monday 24 September 2012

Birthday celebrations!

Having a birthday on a wet, windy and dismal Monday morning is not a good idea! Keith managed to open his presents and cards before we all flew off to start our week and then came into work with me where I kept him and Ian very busy with lots of jobs!

We almost had a repeat of last Monday as the electrician was in again and the carpet fitter finished the job he started last week. Lots of cleaning was done and then it was off to the gym for Sophie and me after work but we had a meal out to look forward to tonight as I'd managed to persuade Keith to go out to celebrate.

We had a lovely meal at the pub which was very quiet indeed (just how I like it, to be honest!). The children had chicken wings to start while I tucked into a gorgeous local pate with lots of buttery toast (diet is off tonight). For a main course I enjoyed a rump steak with all the trimmings and Keith had an absolute whale of a fish on his plate which even he struggled to finish! I think he had a good Birthday!

No comments: