Wednesday 12 September 2012

Just a little bit mad!

I had a bit of a shock this morning when I drove into our car park and discovered that the people we sub-let part of the building to had been burgled. The thieves had taken a sledgehammer to the walls after first peeling back our beautiful new cladding, not once but twice. After the amount of work needed to punch two holes into the building they escaped with nothing which was a relief, at least. It does mean though, that we'll have to claim for the damage on our insurance which will no doubt bump up our claim next year!

 As our cleaner is on holiday this week we had to do the cleaning and then it all went a bit mad with deliveries coming in, customers queuing to come in the minute we opened and Keith and Ian finishing off the shelf in the kitchen. To add to the mayhem our cook was late in so we were rushing about like headless chickens! I'm just glad Mum and Dad stayed after we'd finished the cleaning!

In the afternoon, as an antidote to the bedlam of the morning Keith and I drove over to Waitrose in Rushden to source some more weird and wonderful wine. I was determined to find the Indian wine I'd read about but alas, there was none so instead I settled for a white wine from Santorini which was a mind-blowing 14.5% alcohol! I'm really looking forward to trying that!

We had lunch in Waitrose - delicious egg sandwiches - then it was back to work and time to pick up Sophie from school. We went off to the gym and worked hard (I did 15 minutes on the cross trainer tonight!) and then relaxed in the sauna and the jacuzzi. For some reason I decided not to get a shower this evening after being in the water and just got changed and was I glad I did as two minutes after I dressed the fire alarms went off! Nothing happened at first and then one of the staff members came into the changing room and told us to evacuate. I just felt so sorry for the people in the showers or the pool as we all had to leave the building and it was pouring with rain!

What an end to a very interesting day!




No comments: