Thursday 6 September 2012

Going on a jolly!

As we were quiet again at work today, Mum and I had a jolly to Ikea in Milton Keynes, something we haven't been able to do for ages! We were looking for stuff for work so it wasn't completely self-indulgent but we did have lunch there and a good look around, buying another new rug for the Tots area, some plates for the restaurant and a little play-tunnel which should amuse the wee ones.

When we picked Sophie up from school we then headed off to a local wholesaler's as Sophie needed some folders for school - again she has to provide all the things she needs. They are treated much more like adults and she has several free periods during the week where she can sit in the common room and drink hot chocolate! I wish I was back at school again!

Unfortunately, after our little shopping trip we had to pick Mikey up from school as he had been in isolation all day, because of a misdemeanour last term. I personally didn't think being kept away from the other children all day was punishment enough but that's the policy of the school. I think he should have been kept behind every afternoon after school, but then it would have been a punishment for me as I would have had to pick him up every day!

In the evening I went out with my three friends I used to work with, Lynda, Fiona Andrea. Both Fion and Andrea have girls the same age as Sophie so we compared notes on exam results and talked about holidays. We had a very pleasant evening at the Chinese restaurant we went to the other week and as usual, ate far too much!

No comments: