Wednesday 5 September 2012

Back to normal

Sophie and Mikey started back to school today and as Soph is now in Sixth Form she is no longer entitled to a free bus pass. It would have cost us £600 a year which I think is outrageous, especially as the area around the school at the start and the end of the day is completely congested. We made the decision to take her to school as it's on my way into work anyway, but this morning was a bit of a shock because of the traffic and the fact that I am now tied to this schedule every day.

She'd arranged to meet two of her friends so we waited for them and then I sped into work, which luckily only took five minutes on clear roads. I'm not sure I like arriving half an hour later than I usually do, though, so I may ask Keith to do a couple of journeys a week!

Mum and Dad took today off so Keith came in with me and what a difference a week makes! The weather today has been gorgeous and it's set to remain like this for another few days. Typical!

After work we arranged to meet Mum and Dad at the gym and we had another shock there as it was packed out, mainly with children having swimming lessons so we didn't venture into the pool, but had a very relaxing time in the spa after our workout!

No comments: