Wednesday 25 July 2012

The heat is on!

It was lovely to get out yesterday but the heat is supposed to intensify today so we decided to pop out in the morning, stock up with drinks and then spend the afternoon doing very little. On the way home from Whitstable the temperature in the car registered 32c which is very hot for us indeed! We can never seem to have a happy medium in this country, it's either too hot or too cold!

We all got ready in the morning (I was the first to use the new shower!) and then we called into work to see mum and dad for an hour and to have breakfast there. As expected we were very quiet with only a handful of customers in, but I honestly don't blame people in this heat!

After work we drove over to Tesco and stocked up on some beer and wine and chose a Finest meal for our dinner in the evening as a treat. It was heaven to finally get home and relax as the temperature was heading for the 30s again!

When it all got a bit too hot, Sophie and I escaped into the house and watched one of our films, The Awakening, which was a ghost story set in England in 1921. It was enjoyable but I'm glad I didn't go to the cinema to see it!

Dinner was delicious as always - the meal deal for £10 is fantastic as if we went to a pub or restaurant we'd be hard pushed to get a main course for £10 let alone wine, a side dish and dessert! We then settled down to watch The Grey starring Liam Neeson (I am a fan) but sadly, it was a depressing film that I thought was a tad unrealistic! When it first came out I wanted to go and see it at the cinema but now I'm glad I didn't!




No comments: