Friday 13 July 2012

Definitely Friday the 13th!

Well, so far today has certainly lived up to its reputation. When I went to pick up Sophie this morning I noticed a large pile of rubbish just inside our entrance gates and when I returned to work I had a closer look. There were lots of wooden planks and exterior lights so obviously someone had been doing a job and rather than go to the local tip, had dumped it all in our car park. I was furious.

Before I could tell Mum and Dad about the rubbish they gave me the horrifying news that someone had been using my business credit card, to the tune of about £1600! I was angry that my bank hadn't called me to verify the transactions as they were definitely not my usual purchases, such as flights with Aer Lingus and RAC insurance. I was speechless that my card, which has never left my purse, could have been cloned like this! We called our bank and without any argument they said they would refund the money and cancel my card, but it was extremely worrying and I haven't got a clue how it happened.

After calling the bank we went and cleared up all the rubbish in the car park but I fear it will happen again, especially if the person responsible thinks they can get away with it.

As the weather has been horrible yet again today, we ended the week on a very busy note again. I know it's good for business but I really yearn for some warm sunshine now! It feels more like Autumn than Summer!

No comments: