Sunday 29 July 2012

That Sunday evening feeling...

Tomorrow I'm back at work so today is my last day of freedom until I take another week later in August. I've so enjoyed the time off and so happy that I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weather we had!

In the afternoon Sophie and I went off to Beckworth Emporium again and this time we took Mum with us. We treated ourselves to a scone and some tea and very good it was, too! The restaurant was packed with people enjoying a snack or a meal and I'm sure they do more business there than in the plant section!

After we'd eaten Mum bought some plants while I treated myself to a fuchsia hanging basket which I couldn't resist!

We had a quick drink at mum's and then Keith and I went for a walk over the fields for the first time in ages. We had to walk a longer way than usual as some petty minded landowners have blocked off our usual entrance to the fields. What makes it worse is that we end up just a little bit further up the track than before so it really is pathetic and I can only assume they've built the ugly barricade to put local people off the walk altogether. There was also a big ugly sign saying that sheep worrying is a crime and that because of incidents when lambs and sheep have been maimed anyone caught with their dog off a lead will be prosecuted! All the people I know who walk their dogs over the fields are extremely responsible so I have no idea where this accusation comes from, but it certainly put a bad taste in our mouth when we were walking.

We did the walk in very good time and didn't even stop for a breath up the steep hill! When we got home the sky went a very dark grey colour and the children wanted me to go out and walk the cats so we walked around the estate twice before dinner, listening to the rumble of thunder and seeing the occasional flash of lightening in the sky!

No comments: