Thursday 26 July 2012

A lazyish day...

Today has been another scorcher and when Sophie and I went out with mum just after lunch the temperature was showing 27 degrees. There was a lot of very thin, high white cloud though and it would be great to have a really good thunderstorm later tonight!

The three of us went to Jones's and Sophie spent a small fortune on toiletries while I splashed out on grass seed, bug killer and compost bags...I tell you, I could barely contain my excitement... Keith and I had treated our sparse lawn with moss killer and the idea was to put down some grass seed to cover its bald patches. Also, some horrible little creatures are feasting on several of our beautiful shrubs and enough is enough!

After Jones's we dropped mum off at home and carried on to Market Harborough to take the films back to Blockbusters. I popped into Tesco where I somehow spent £10 on very little and then I treated Sophie to a milkshake before going home.

As the afternoon wore on it became hotter so we had a spell of sitting in the garden and then I relaxed on the sofa with the fan full on me. Ahhh...bliss!


No comments: