Saturday 28 July 2012

A cool wind blows...

Today has been a lot cooler, thank goodness, but still mainly sunny. We took Sophie to work at 11am but the poor little thing wasn't needed so after we'd been to the post office to send off some parcels, we picked her up and went home.

It was great to have her back so we went off to Homebase and I splurged on some new plants for the garden and paint for our hallway which I will decorate next weekend. We picked the Dulux Jasmine White without even trying it as the last two choices have not met with approval and I'm fed up with buying tester pots!

Back home I planted my geraniums and painted our gate which was badly in need of some care and attention. The paint was horrible, like a smelly oil, but the gate does look beautiful now and as the weather is sunny and breezy it should dry very quickly.

The rest of the day was very relaxing - we had a barbecue then settled down to watch the Olympic swimming events after dinner. Sadly Team GB (I'm not really a fan of that name!) has not won any Golds yet, and the big disappointment of the day was the cycling, but never mind. It's the taking part that counts!

No comments: