Sunday 8 July 2012

A day of sport!

Well, today we have Andy Murray in the final at Wimbledon and the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, just down the road from us!

I did some housework early on and then settled down to watch the tennis. I'm not a fan of Andy Murray but it would have been great to watch him win, sadly something that didn't happen this year. However, he put up a good(ish) fight and I enjoyed the match very much. It reminded me of when I used to live at home with my parents and the Wimbledon Final was always a special occasion in our house. I used to love seeing Ivan Lendl (now Andy Murray's coach), John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg play. Ah, those were the days!

For dinner tonight we cooked homemade chicken Kiev from a recipe by Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall which was shown on a television programme last week. The recipe went down very well and was a success which made a change for us! We served the chicken with home-made potato wedges and I can only say it was delicious - even the children ate every scrap!

No comments: