Sunday 22 July 2012

Not so lazy Sunday

We woke to beautiful blue skies and sunshine today so it was out into the garden again with the lawn mower and the strimmer to tidy it all up. I was looking forward to our barbecue tonight and wanted to sit and have a drink in a lovely tidy garden!

I cut the lawn and strimmed the edges and then we made the decision to be a bit ruthless again and take down our table and chairs. They're looking a bit tired and scruffy and we never sit at the table anyway, preferring to relax on the double seat next to the conservatory. When we took them down we realised the garden looks so much bigger!

I cleaned all the windows and the window-sills and then went to have a shower before Sophie and I drove over to Beckworth Emporium, somewhere we haven't been for ages. There were lots of people enjoying lunch in the lovely restaurant and with the gorgeous smells and sunshine I felt like we were abroad. Sophie enjoyed some ice-cream and I had a home-made scone which was enormous with a cup of tea! Bliss!

I resisted the temptation to buy more plants as we have a week of holiday coming up and my pennies will have to be used for that, but I did buy two tubs of incense sticks which I love to light in the evening after we've cooked. That will please Keith as he's been looking for some for ages!

Back home we watched the end of the Tour de France which was a fantastic result for our very own Bradley Wiggins and then I fell asleep on the sofa! It has been a busy weekend!

We barbecued in the evening and it was lovely to sit out in the garden with a drink and soak up the evening sunshine!

No comments: