Saturday 2 June 2012

The unrelenting grey...

Today has been awful with horrible grey weather that turned to heavy rain by the evening. I had no energy, didn't want to do anything, and although Sophie dragged me out in the afternoon, I saw nothing I wanted to buy in either BHS or Home Sense, which is very unusual indeed.

I'm in a no-win situation, really. When the weather is warm and sunny I worry that we'll have no customers at work and when the weather's horrible I worry that we're too busy. This weekend I have to come to realise that I really do yearn for sunshine and blue skies even though they are no good for business at all!

So, today has been what I call a "non-day" - one of the days you forget about completely because nothing happened at all. We had dinner and then Keith and I settled down to watch the last of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and that was depressing as well!!

No comments: