Tuesday 26 June 2012

Fire!

This morning, Keith came into the bedroom to tell me that mum had been on the phone to say that there'd been a fire at a building near our work premises and that 50 firefighters had been tackling it since midnight. It was on the local news and we weren't sure whether we'd be allowed access to our own building as the company manufactured nail varnish and nail varnish remover.

When I neared our road I could see that the traffic was terrible as they'd closed part of the road which is a very busy thoroughfare and used by people to get onto the industrial estate. I doubled back and went another way to get onto the estate and beat mum and dad by almost half an hour as they'd decided to go another way. There were still fire engines there and it looks like the building will have to be demolished as it's so badly damaged.

The hot and humid weather continues and I'm longing for a good storm to clear the air!

No comments: