Tuesday 12 June 2012

Back to walking

Sophie's exams are drawing to an end now and today was her last History test which she had been worrying about all over the weekend. She has one left to do, on Wednesday morning, and that's it! I must admit it has been a far less stressful time than I imagined and I can't help thinking back to my own exams (O-levels and CSEs then!) when I'm sure we did everything in two weeks, all crammed together. A lot of her exam marks are for coursework which have already been completed and I just think that it seems a lot less stressful these days!

She came into work with me this morning and was joined by her friend Susie at lunchtime. They were meant to be revising but I heard lots of giggling so I'm not sure a lot actually got done! I took them to school, then picked Sophie up at 3pm and was amazed at how quickly the time has passed today.

After work Keith and I went for an hour's walk and he felt fine. It was still very grey and overcast but everywhere is looking so green after all the rain we've had.

After dinner, Keith started watching the football (groan!) so Sophie and I walked the cats around the estate. The clouds had cleared and the sun was out and it was a beautiful evening. The cats had a whale of time scampering about, disappearing into bushes and then popping out again and all was great until we met two more cats... The other cats were tiny little things but our wimpy males stopped dead in their tracks and wouldn't go any further! We turned around and cut through the estate but they were still wary!

On our second circuit we met one of them again but this time our cats walked past while Sophie distracted the other cat by stroking it! Back home the cats snoozed on their beds and we had a bowl of well-earned chocolate ice-cream!

No comments: