Sunday 10 June 2012

The sun is shining!

This morning was a continuation of yesterday evening when the sun shone and the sky was a gorgeous shade of blue. Sophie and I had sat outside for a few minutes at around 6pm but it wasn't really warm enough so we beat a hasty retreat back into the conservatory!

Keith and I pottered about in the garden and mowed the lawn which makes everything look so much better. I weeded the borders and we cut back some of our Eucalyptus tree which is shedding leaves everywhere. The pots and tubs were still really wet from the weather of last week so at least they didn't need watering!

We received a call from Mum on her mobile to say that dad had accidentally cut through the phone line when he was trimming his grape vine so Keith and I (along with Mikey on his bike) went around to see if we could help. The problem was that the cut was pretty high up and I forbade Keith from going up the ladder so we decided to leave it to the experts and went and had a coffee instead, sitting in the sunhine, which was lovely.

Back home I had a nasty shock when Keith noticed a scrape on the back of my car. It looks like someone had pushed past it with a trolley and I can only think it happened yesterday when I was at Booker. I was really upset as now I'll have to take it back to Chips Away to have it dealt with - more hassle and inconvenience. I took it through the car wash and Keith had a go trying to rub the marks out, but it'll need professional attention. I must be jinxed with cars!

No comments: