Saturday 9 June 2012

Thank gawd it's the weekend!

After a lovely lazy start to the day I took Sophie into work and then came home and buried myself in research for my family tree. The weather this morning and early afternoon was chilly and overcast so any plans to go out into the garden were put on hold.

We did manage to go for a walk, though, just after lunch, down to the village to see how Keith's hip coped. He did really well and we reached the pub with ease, which really pleased him. Mikey came with us on his bike and we had a couple of drinks at the pub before setting off for home. When I stepped outside my mobile rang with mum saying that Sophie was trying to get hold of us and was starting to get a bit worried as none of us were answering our phones. She wanted to be picked up earlier than planned and had begun to panic and think something was wrong as there was no answer on the home phone and no answer from our mobiles.

The pub has no mobile reception at all so after speaking to her and calming her down a bit we ambled off home and then I drove off to pick her up. Obviously we were not busy at work!

Unfortunately before I could go home and resume my family tree research we had to call into Booker to get a load of ice-cream as they'd run out...typical!!

Back home mum and dad popped around for a glass of wine with their new car - a Mini Cooper. Their BMW had gone back as the lease had finished and they'd decided to downsize (like me!) and get a two door Mini which is beautiful. It looks like a little toy to me and I can't wait to go for a spin in it!


No comments: