Sunday 24 June 2012

A "bitty" weekend!

I say "bitty" because we did a bit of this and we did a bit of that over the weekend. Saturday morning was spent cutting down one of our large bushes in the front garden which had suffered over the winter. The top half had died off, probably because of the frosts we had, but there was a lot of new growth at the bottom. Keith hacked it down while I cut up all the branches and put them in our wheelie bin. I never thought we would get everything in but we did, with the help of Mikey who stood on top of it all in the bin and compacted it down!

It was quite a sociable occasion as a lot of neighbours stopped by to say hello which was good! It's amazing what a bit of sun will do to get people out and about!

On Sunday we didn't do much at all, to be honest. I washed my car inside and out but the lawn in the back garden was much too wet to cut which was what I'd planned to do. We went and had a cup of coffee at mum's house but that was about it! A very lazy weekend indeed!

No comments: