Sunday 26 February 2012

Scared witless!

I'd been waiting to go to the cinema for ages, to see The Woman in Black, and today I finally went, along with Mum and Sophie. We had to go to the cinema on the outskirts of Northampton and when we arrived, so did three coachloads of teenage boys! Sophie was in her element but the queues for the drinks and popcorn were about 15 deep so we went straight into the auditorium to find our seats.

By the time the trailers were on, the queues had subsided a little so I bought some drinks and nibbles and we headed back to watch the film. Which was VERY scary! I thought Daniel Radcliffe was very good in it and I think he's managed to cast off Harry very well. The film is very dark and relies on good old fashioned scares to make the viewers jump right out of their seats! Sophie was very scared by it, wimpering that she didn't like it half way through, which surprised me as she's a Horror film aficionado anf the rating is only a 12A!!

After the film we went to the local Garden Centre for a cup of tea and I allowed a team of men to wash my precious car, even giving them the keys and then worrying about it for the whole time we were in the centre! However, they did a brilliant job and I'll certainly be using them again, especially as it only cost me a fiver!

When I dropped Mum off at home I was lured into the house for a glass of wine that came from the La Clape region of southwest France, near Narbonne where we visited in 2009. It was a beautiful red wine with an impressive 14.5% alcohol content, so only a small glass for me!

No comments: