Saturday 4 February 2012

It's snowing!


Our internet is playing up at home and we’ve had problems with it all day. I dropped Sophie off at work at 12pm and then spent the afternoon trying to install a new router that I bought ages ago, the last time the old modem played up. I didn’t have any luck so I think I may have to get someone in to help. The old router is back on and access is sporadic to say the least. Talk about frustrating!

At 4pm I went back to get Sophie and met mum and dad who had come in to help spread some salt over the car park. The weather forecast is for heavy snow tonight and as we were putting the salt down the first few flakes started to appear. Again, we were heaving and the car park was full so it was a bit difficult to put the stuff down but we managed to get as much of the car park covered as possible and I just hope that it keeps off the worst of it. Sophie worked until 5pm and then I followed mum and dad home in the snowy gloom, the flakes coming down thick and fast!

In the evening I had the bright idea of washing our deep purple throw as the cats had been sitting on for a few weeks and it needed a wash. I put it in the washing machine on its own (thank goodness) but after dinner when I went to check on it, I was horrified to see that the error light was on and there was a mass of fluff against the window of the door. Keith and I pulled the filter out and it was FULL of purple fibres…

We managed to get the door open and I pulled the throw out, completely sodden and almost in pieces. It had disintegrated inside the machine, almost like someone had shredded it with a razor! We cleaned it all up and then put the machine onto a wash cycle with nothing in it to try and dislodge some of the mass of fluff, but after a few minutes it stopped again.

As the kitchen had been awash with water and fluff we decided to leave it until the morning and just hope that we hadn’t completely broken it! I can’t be without a washing machine!

The snow continued to fall all evening and was still coming down thick and fast when I went to bed after 11pm. It looks like I’m going to get my snow day, just 24 hours earlier than I wanted though!

No comments: