Saturday 18 February 2012

Out and about

Before I took Sophie to work today we drove over to Wellingborough to take my little Audi to "Chips Away" as I have a scratch on the driver's door. I have no idea how it happened but I'm beginning to worry that this car is bad luck for me! Although I suppose that's the three things that have happened now!

They had a look at the scratch and said they could try and polish it out for £25 but if I still wasn't happy I could have the whole door repainted for £160. I booked it in for the polish on Friday and I just hope that it'll work!

I dropped Sophie off at work then went to Jones's to buy another cat bed. I bought one a few weeks ago and both Monty and Archie have been fighting over it ever since. Last night they had a vicious spat so I felt I had no option to get another one and keep the peace! I picked out a lovely comfy black one for Archie decorated with paws so that should keep him happy and as I write he's curled up very snugly on it!

My last port of call was to pick up my framed photograph of the beach in Lanzarote and I was over the moon with it. When I got home I put it up in the living room so we can all see it every day.

In the evening Keith and I went to a friend's 50th Birthday party in town. I hate to admit that I really didn't want to go and would have rather stayed at home curled up on the sofa with a glass of wine and a good film! I'm not really a party type of person, if I'm honest. I prefer to go out to dinner with friends where you can have a conversation! My friend Lynda said she'd saved us two seats at one of the tables but it was right next to the disco so we had to shout at each other when we talked and with all the noise from the half term at work, the last thing I wanted was to endure more of the same!

We stuck it out for just over an hour and then I pleaded with Keith to go home, via the pub in the village! It was heaven to sit at the bar, chat to the Landlord and enjoy the relative peace and quiet!

No comments: