Saturday 11 February 2012

Not having the internet at home at the weekend is a complete pain. I brought the Tesco order home from work and then realised I wasn't able to order it online for Monday morning. Grrrr! I tried again with the router but we can't even connect to a nearby unsecured wifi signal so I have no idea what is wrong. Hopefully on Tuesday we can get it sorted out.

In the morning I helped Keith put our television on the wall in the bedroom and also put up the shelf I bought in Ikea. Keith grumbled a bit, but between us we managed to do it and everything looks a lot tidier now.

Late in the afternoon, when Sophie got back from work we went for a walk again and as it was a beautiful day we took lots of photos. It was blisteringly cold (-5 at lunchtime so the temperature had probably dipped even lower) but never have I seen the countryside look so beautiful. We had a gorgeous sunset which turned the sky a fantastic shade of pink and with the snowy fields and stark outlines of the trees I was in heaven.







When we got home and thawed out I lit all the candles and sat with Keith on the sofa while he watched the football. It was so cosy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pics are so beautiful Jane! Don't you love the snow for that reason.Cheryl x

Janie said...

Thank you Cheryl. I sometimes wish we could have snow all winter as long as the roads stay clear. The countryside looked so gorgeous and photogenic!