Sunday 5 February 2012

Deep and crisp and even!


Well, we awoke to a very cold day with about 3 inches of snow covering everything. Luckily the washing machine decided to behave and no damage has been done, thank goodness! However, the internet is still a problem with access coming and going which is a pain. The children are hoping that Monday will be a “Snow Day” at school but there’s no way of finding out over the internet!
I gave the downstairs of our house a really good clean this morning, including the cutlery drawers in the kitchen which were very bad…Ooops! It felt great afterwards, though, knowing everything was so clean.

In the afternoon Sophie and I walked up to mum’s house as dad needed help with his computer too. I was able to sort him out and just wish I could sort myself out! The walk up was lovely but it was very misty and I have a feeling that more of the white stuff is forecast for tomorrow, which should please the children!

We stayed for a cup of tea and then slowly walked home through the snowy village. I was beginning to think we wouldn’t get any snow this winter and I do love seeing the countryside transformed. It makes me feel like we’re having a proper winter!

No comments: