Monday 6 February 2012

It makes my blood boil!

I went with Keith to Kettering General hospital this afternoon, to see the surgeon about his hip as he has been in agony with it lately. His appointment was at 3.45pm and when we checked in the Receptionist told us they were running 40-50 minutes late. So we joined the other mass of people waiting and resigned ourselves to being there for quite a while.

However, when we were still waiting at 5.30pm I really did begin to see red. I find it unbelievable that we can be treated like this, just because it's the NHS. Keith was the last patient to be seen and we eventually emerged at 5.45pm, two hours after he should have gone in. I'm not saying we should have been seen dead on our appointed time, but a two hour wait is unacceptable. To make matters worse, he was only in with the surgeon for five minutes, to be told he'd be put on the list! Grrrr!

I spent the rest of the evening trying in vain to sort out our internet access, with no luck whatsoever. I'm definitely going to have to get a man in!

No comments: