Thursday 2 February 2012

Kids!


Keith came into work with me today as mum and dad were having the day off but when we went to the bank we met them as they were enjoying a cup of coffee.  They were heading off to Milton Keynes to do some shopping and to take Mikey’s PS3 game back.

Later, mum called me and said that the game he’d asked for was completely unsuitable as when the sales assistant had asked how old he was, he’d recommended she didn’t buy it. This made me think about how many of the other games he has which might be unsuitable, despite all his friends having them, and therefore putting the pressure on him to have the same games. Honestly, it’s a minefield being a parent these days! There was none of this when I was younger!

Sophie was working for us again after school so I went to pick her and Mikey up but my son has a very forgetful memory and forgot all about me taking him back to the office. In the end we had to go and find him and he received a bit of a tongue lashing from me! This all comes after I had one of the teachers call me the day before to say that he’d missed cookery three times as he hadn’t brought the ingredients into school. To say I was embarrassed was an under-statement!

Kids!

No comments: