Tuesday 14 February 2012

All fixed!

All I wanted from today was the internet to be fixed at home and for my windscreen to be replaced with a shiny new one, and I got my wish!

I was at work at 7.30am and doing the cleaning for the last time this week, thank goodness. It was actually quite soul destroying seeing all our hard work undone in about half an hour when the customers came in, but I was glad we were busy.

The AOL engineer arrived at about 10am and managed to mend our broken connection. We're still not sure what caused it but we have a brand new router and everyone is now back and floating about in the world wide web!

Autoglass also arrived early and by lunchtime my little car was all fixed up. I'm not allowed to wash it until tomorrow when I will give it a thorough clean and polish as it needs it very badly!

The other big event today was Sophie's visit to the dentist to have two teeth taken out, poor thing. She really didn't want to go but the dentist was very gentle with her and she felt very little pain when he injected the local anaesthetic. It was all over in a few minutes but she found the sensation of a numb mouth quite hard to take, although I said the alternative would be far worse! When I was a few years younger than Sophie I had seven teeth taken out and was given gas to knock me out completely. I'm so glad things have changed these days!

No comments: