Wednesday 2 March 2011

Tuesday 1 March

Today I've been in a pretty crabby mood which probably wasn't fair on the people I spent my day with. My cold has made a comeback and I have a sore throat that feels like I've swallowed a bag of knives. I contemplated having a sickie, but went into work anyway, although on reflection it might have been better if I'd stayed at home.

Self-pity is a horrible thing and it wasn't until I got home and read an article in one of the Sunday supplements that I realised what a blessed life I actually have. The article was about a woman whose husband had committed suicide and then four years later, her only daughter had died in a accident. Reading her terrible story made me realise I have nothing to moan about - I'm sure that woman would do anything to be in my place with a healthy family all around her. My crabbiness was banished and I vowed to stop feeling so sorry for myself when I have nothing to be miserable about.

I still have a sore throat, though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janie,sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather but at least you have soldiered on.My hubby has a cold and has been off work for the last three days with it so I take my hat off for you for carrying on...

Yes it does make us feel lucky with our lives when you hear about the problems of others and how they have to cope..

By the way,love your spring photo...
Wendyx

Janie said...

Thank you Wendy! It's a bit chilly tonight - almost freezing when we got home so Spring may not be gere yet after all! Janie xx