Saturday 26 March 2011

Funny mood...

I feel very guilty I haven't updated the blog since Wednesday, especially as I was off work yesterday and had ample opportunity to write something. Thursday was just a normal day when nothing happened out of the ordinary, apart from Sophie feeling unwell first thing and missing school. So as well as having Keith in at work with me, Sophie came too, although by mid-morning it was clear that she could have gone to school! The weather was gorgeous on Thursday and I treated myself to a guide book to Florida as we're planning to go to the Gulf Coast while we're there and I needed information on which resort to head to. At the moment, Clearwater Beach is looking the best bet for a day at the seaside.

On Friday both Keith and I felt pretty tired and a little under the weather. We did a few household chores but not much else which has made me feel guilty. The weather was sunny again, but a wee bit chilly and all I wanted to do was curl up on the sofa and do very little. I suppose we'd both had a busy week so I just gave into it and made the most of a free day. I did do a fair bit of research on my family tree!

This morning dawned grey and misty and I felt very restless! Perhaps a day spent doing very little worked. I mentioned to Sophie I'd like to go and do something, but trying to please two children of different ages and interests was a bit difficult. With the holiday nearing, expense was a consideration so going by train to the Sea Life centre in Birmingham was a definite no-no, as was a cinema visit to the O2 (both Sophie's suggestions!). I would have gone for a treasure hunt in Northampton town (boring, mum!) but in the end we settled on a film in Kettering - Unknown starring Liam Neeson (swoon!) with just Soph and I venturing out. If the weather had been a bit better we could have gone somewhere outdoors but looking out of the window, it's very gloomy. Typical!

No comments: