Friday 11 March 2011

Oh dear!

Hmmm...I haven't updated this since Tuesday which is a bit naughty of me! I did sit down to write something last night but inspiration wouldn't come and I would hate to write something that was boring so I left it and went to bed. The main reason that nothing has really happened is that I've been busy working, cramming my hours into four days so I can have Friday off. I must admit it was great to wake up this morning knowing I had the day off, although I have been busy with housework!

Sadly, we heard last night that Keith's sister was taken ill yesterday and this morning she passed away. Although she hadn't been well for some time, it was still a shock for Keith and his brother that she's gone. I expect the funeral will be some time next week, and again, it only seems that we meet up with our families at sad occasions now. It will be a long day for us as all Keith's family live near Durham in the North East of England but we will go and support Keith's brother and his nephews and niece.

So, today has been spent catching up with housework - changing all the beds and giving the bedrooms a really good clean so I don't have so much to do over the weekend. Sophie wants to do some cooking tomorrow and then she is off to a friend's house for a sleepover. On Sunday we're planning on going to Milton Keynes for breakfast and some shopping as this holiday is looming ever nearer! Mikey needs some new clothes and shoes but I think I'll have to take him with me as he is growing so fast I daren't buy clothes without him there. I can see my bank balance getting a bashing over the next few weeks! Let's just hope I win the Euromillions Lottery tonight!

No comments: