Sunday 13 March 2011

Saturday 12 March

Yesterday was pleasantly busy. After a relaxed start and a family breakfast (for once we all sat around the table together) Sophie and I did some cooking. Following a new recipe always sends me into a panic, but our sticky toffee pudding worked out really well and was moist and light. We also made a chocolate mousse a la Raymond Blanc for dessert on Sunday night. While Sophie went to get ready for her sleepover at Susie's house, I tidied up the front garden which was full of dead leaves. I strimmed the grass verge and it gave me a nice opportunity to chat with Sarah and Liam who shocked me with the price of their son's car insurance. He passed his driving test last week and one quote was for £9000! Ye Gods!!! I'd better start saving now!

Mum and I dropped Sophie off at Susie's house and went to a nearby garden centre for a cup of tea. We managed to resist buying baskets of primroses and pansies and wicker baskets full of daffodils that will probably only last a couple more days. It's still too early to think of spring bedding plants - that will have to wait until late April after we come back from our hols!

No comments: