Tuesday 15 March 2011

A little flutter!

Well, half my working week is over and I've managed to get a lot done today. We had a meeting with the people who want to rent out the gym space from us (it's the Church people again) so hopefully by April things should all be sorted and we can breathe a sigh of relief that it's been sub-let. Being in business at the moment is hard work, I must admit. Nothing comes easily and we have to be constantly thinking up new ways to get people through the door.

Tomorrow we're off to a Trade Show in Warwickshire, one that is specifically aimed at our industry so it should be better that Leisure Industry Week in September which normally covers the whole range of leisure including gyms, swimming pools and farms. I'm looking forward to getting out and meeting people we know from the business.

Sophie and her friend Elise walked over to work after school and stayed with me until it was time to leave. The weather today has been foggy and overcast and the promised sun never really materialised. At home I sat down with a glass of wine and watched the racing at Cheltenham. Keith had three bets and one of his chosen horses, Hurricane Fly, won the Champion Hurdle which meant that he'd covered his money today! My horse, Khyber Kim, came nowhere so I'm glad I only had a £5 each way bet on him!

No comments: