Saturday 19 March 2011

End of the week relaxation.

I seem to be running a day behind with the blog at the moment! Friday was very relaxed and enjoyable. Keith and I went out in the morning to go to Tesco and the Post office. I sent off my letter to Hewlett Packard by registered post so we'll see what happens next. We had a cup of coffee in Costa Coffee while studying the form and I went for two runners in the 1.30 race - Unaccompanied and Sam Winner. I placed an each way bet on them and kept my fingers crossed I'd have more luck!

Back home we waited for the dishwasher repair man to come and I pottered about doing little odd jobs and just enjoyed being at home. The weather was lovely, but still on the chilly side, so I washed my car and opened up the conservatory to tidy up after Sophie's sleepover of a few weeks ago. I'd asked her to take all her stuff back upstairs, but in the way of teenagers everywhere, she'd left a quilt and various hair products behind!

The repair man came and found the problem - a piece of broken glass that had managed to work its way into the pump and stop it from working. The bill was £80 which was a lot better than having to get a new dishwasher! Sadly, my winnings didn't cover the bill. My two horses came 2nd and 4th so I think we won £1! Keith did have a winner, Bobs Worth, but it didn't make us rich beyond our wildest dreams, unfortunately!


In the evening Sue came over bearing a bottle of delicious Vouvray and we had a good natter with some lovely nibbles. It made a great ending to the week!

No comments: